You must be located within the U.S. or U.S. Territories to access the FYI website and apps.
Watching on play.fyi.tv requires the following:
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 or above; Mac OS 10.12 or above
- Web Browsers: Current versions of Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- Some pages and/or features may appear as pop-up modules. Disable your pop-up blocker for our site if you are having any trouble accessing content.
Browsers and operating systems not listed here may work fine, but aren't fully supported by us. Very strict browser security settings, content filters, ad blocker extensions and connecting through a VPN may cause issues with viewing.
If you are not receiving any error messages, but the website's video player is blank or will not play, please use the following playback troubleshooting guide:
1) Ensure That You Are Not Using a Private or Incognito Browser Window
The website may not be able to properly connect to your TV provider if you are using a private or incognito web browser window. Please switch to a standard browser window and try playback again.
2) Allow Cookies & Enable Cross-browser Tracking:
Certain browser features need to be enabled to allow the communication needed between our website and your TV provider. Please check your browser settings to ensure that cookies and cross-browser tracking are both allowed.
3) Clear your Browser's Cache & Cookies:
Your browser or connection to your TV provider may need to be refreshed. Here are instructions to clear your browser's cache and cookies:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac
- Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=edge%20clear%20cookies%20and%20cache
If you are using Microsoft Edge, please also try resetting your browser settings by going to edge://settings/reset and selecting 'Restore settings to their default values.'
4) Turn off Ad Blockers & Security Extensions:
Ad Blocking software can also block our videos from playing. Please make sure to either turn off ad-blocking software or to add play.history.com in your "allowed" site list. Instructions for turning ad-blocking off can be found here: https://history.com/disable-ad-blocker
Some users also report that accessing the website via VPN or using a device on a strict security network can cause playback issues. If you are using a VPN, please try temporarily disabling the VPN.
5) Try an Alternate Web Browser:
Try using a different supported browser to determine if it is a particular web browser that is the cause of your playback issue.
6) Update your Web Browser:
Using an out-of-date web browser may cause playback problems.
- Chrome - https://www.google.com/chrome
- Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Safari - https://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Microsoft Edge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
7) If all else fails:
Very rarely, the server that streams the video may be down or we may be experiencing a temporary issue with a particular video or web browser. These kinds of issues are usually resolved within a few hours. Please give us some time to resolve the issue and we should be back up and running.
If you are still seeing the issue after a few hours, please contact us with the following information:
- A thorough description of what you're experiencing
- The geographical location you are attempting to view from
- If possible, a screenshot of what you are seeing
- Your current browser and operating system
- Any relevant web links, including specific videos that are affected if the issue is limited to particular content