You must be located within the U.S. or U.S. Territories to access the FYI website and apps.
Watching on play.fyi.tv requires the following:
- Operating Systems: Windows 7 or above; Mac OS 10.12 or above
- Web Browsers:
- Windows: Current versions of Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge, plus Internet Explorer 11.
- Mac: Current versions of Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome
- iOS: Current versions of Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome
- Android: Current versions of Samsung Internet, Firefox or Google Chrome
(Browsers and operating systems not listed here may work fine, but aren't fully supported by us.)
- High-speed Internet connection.
- Some pages and/or features may appear as pop-up modules. We ask that you monitor your pop-up blocker if you do not see a page appearing when you click on a link.
If you are not receiving any error messages, but the website's video player is blank or will not play, please use the following playback troubleshooting guide:
1) Ensure That You Are Not Using a Private or Incognito Browser Window
The website may not be able to properly connect to your TV provider if you are using a private or incognito web browser window. Please switch to a standard browser window and try playback again.
2) Allow Cookies & Enable Cross-browser Tracking:
Certain browser features need to be enabled to allow the communication needed between our website and your TV provider. Please check your browser settings to ensure that cookies and cross-browser tracking are both allowed.
3) Clear your Browser's Cache & Cookies:
Your browser or connection to your TV provider may need to be refreshed. Here are instructions to clear your browser's cache and cookies:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/clear-your-browsing-history-sfri47acf5d6/mac
- Microsoft Edge - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/search?query=edge%20clear%20cookies%20and%20cache
If you are using Microsoft Edge, please also try resetting your browser settings by going to edge://settings/reset and selecting 'Restore settings to their default values.'
4) Turn off Ad Blockers & Security Extensions:
Ad Blocking software can also block our videos from playing. Please make sure to either turn off ad-blocking software or to add play.history.com in your "allowed" site list. Instructions for turning ad-blocking off can be found here: https://history.com/disable-ad-blocker
Some users also report that accessing the website via VPN or using a device on a strict security network can cause playback issues. If you are using a VPN, please try temporarily disabling the VPN.
5) Try an Alternate Web Browser:
Try using a different supported browser to determine if it is a particular web browser that is the cause of your playback issue.
6) Update your Web Browser:
Using an out-of-date web browser may cause playback problems.
- Chrome - https://www.google.com/chrome
- Firefox - http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
- Safari - https://www.apple.com/safari/download/
- Microsoft Edge - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge
7) If all else fails:
Very rarely, the server that streams the video may be down or we may be experiencing a temporary issue with a particular video or web browser. These kinds of issues are usually resolved within a few hours. Please give us some time to resolve the issue and we should be back up and running.
If you are still seeing the issue after a few hours, please contact us with the following information:
- A thorough description of what you're experiencing
- The geographical location you are attempting to view from
- If possible, a screenshot of what you are seeing
- Your current browser and operating system
- Any relevant web links, including specific videos that are affected if the issue is limited to particular content